Luisa Calderon is an experienced trial attorney dedicated to helping injured individuals and families. After beginning her legal career representing the largest insurance companies and corporations in the world as a defense litigator, Luisa’s entrepreneurial spirit and desire to help people led her to plaintiff’s work and representing individuals and small businesses in her own law practice. Following years of successfully running her own law firm, Luisa joins the firm to take on new challenges and better represent clients with additional resources.
Luisa has been involved in handling cases that range from construction litigation and car wrecks to 18-wheeler wrecks and complex multiparty cases. She currently serves as lead counsel in multiparty Fair Labor Standards Act employment cases for failure to pay overtime wages and other related employee wage theft claims.
Luisa obtained her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Loyola University, New Orleans College of Law, and was a member and coach in the Trial Advocacy program. Luisa also worked at the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office while attending law school, and successfully tried several cases to verdict as a student attorney.
Born in Guatemala City, Guatemala, Luisa is fluent in Spanish, which serves as an invaluable tool in representing the hard-working and growing Hispanic community in Texas and beyond.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Juris Doctorate, May 2009
- Achievements: Trial Advocacy Team Intramural Competition, Coach, 2nd Place overall October 2008
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.A. Political Science, May 1999
- Achievements: University Scholar and Mustang Award
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas May 2010
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Native English and Spanish speaker
- French – advanced level
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association