5 Most Dangerous Distractions For Drivers
Most people are well aware of the dangers of distracted driving, but that doesn’t stop them from engaging in distracting behaviors. The Houston distracted driving accident attorneys at Dax F. Garza, P.C. see injuries from distracted driving accidents all too often, and we have identified five of the most dangerous distractions for drivers. These include:
- Cell Phones – Nearly everyone has a cellphone; and, the devices are a huge source of distraction. Drivers can be found texting, calling, checking emails, posting on social media, and even watching videos while driving. Not only are these behaviors incredibly dangerous for drivers, they also put other motorists and pedestrians at risk.
- Eating – You may be in a rush and not have time for a sit down meal, but it’s never okay to eat while driving. This is incredibly dangerous because it involves taking your hands off the wheel.
- Personal Grooming – Fixing your hair, brushing your teeth, or putting on makeup are all distracted driving behaviors that reckless drivers engage in. Personal grooming does not need to happen behind the wheel and drivers shouldn’t put others at risk just because they are running late.
- Talking To Passengers – Many people engage in conversation with passengers while they are driving, not realizing how dangerous this is. Talking to passengers while driving is a cognitive distraction, which is just as dangerous as taking your eyes off the road or hands off the wheel.
- Radios and GPS Systems – Nearly everyone has absentmindedly changed the radio station or tapped on the GPS system. However, these are dangerous activities. As cars are becoming more advanced, many center consoles in cars have screens with complicated menus. This makes fussing with anything on the dashboard dangerous because it takes your eyes off the road and hands off the wheel. Drivers should only make adjustments when they completely stopped.
There Is No Excuse For Distracted Driving
Driving is a privilege and a huge responsibility. Drivers who are not up to the task of driving safely shouldn’t get behind the wheel. When distracted drivers cause accidents, they should be held accountable for their actions. Anyone injured in a Houston distracted driving accident has the right to seek compensation from the negligent driver that caused the accident.
Houston Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys
If you or someone you love was injured in a Houston distracted driving accident, contact Dax F. Garza, P.C. today for a free consultation to discuss your case. We can analyze your situation and explain your legal options.
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Defective Devices
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Maritime and Offshore Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Oilfield Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Refinery Explosion
- Truck Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Wrongful Death