Types Of Compensation In A Wrongful Death Case
Losing a loved one is an extremely tragic experience. It can be particularly painful if the death was caused by the negligence of another person or company. For family members who have lost a loved one due to another’s negligence, getting answers and pursuing justice can potentially help ease the burden of loss. While there is no amount of money that can erase the pain of losing a loved one, families can pursue financial compensation to relieve financial burdens associated with their personal loss.
Compensation After A Wrongful Death
Whether it was a car accident, workplace accident, or defective product, victims and their families have a right to hold negligent parties responsible for their fatal actions. After a wrongful death, there are many types of compensation families can pursue, including:
- Medical Expenses – There are cases where death after an accident is not immediate, which means families could incur large medical bills before their loved one passes.
- Funeral Expenses – Funerals can cost thousands of dollars. Families who lose loved ones to negligence should not have to take on this expense.
- Loss of Earning Capacity – If the victim of a wrongful death accident was the family breadwinner, loved ones can face extreme economic hardship without the their income. Families and other dependents can seek compensation to cover the lost earning capacity of the victim.
- Loss of Services – When families lose a member, they also lose the services, protection, and care provided by the deceased.
- Punitive Damages – Punitive damages are additional damages designed to punish the negligent party for causing the death.
Getting Help After A Loss
When you work with an experienced wrongful death lawyer, you can rest assured your interests are being looked after. At Dax F. Garza, P.C., we provide our clients with peace of mind so they can focus on grieving and healing. There is no upfront cost for working with us and we only work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t owe us anything unless we help you recover financial compensation. During a free consultation, we can explain your legal rights and the process of filing a wrongful death lawsuit. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with a wrongful death attorney.
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Injuries
- Dangerous Drugs
- Defective Devices
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Maritime and Offshore Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Oilfield Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Refinery Explosion
- Truck Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- How Do Speed Limits Affect the Safety of Passengers in Car Accidents? May 04 2021
- 5 Main Causes of Motorcycle Crashes April 13 2021
- 7 Distracted Driving Statistics All Texas Drivers Should Know March 09 2021
- What Happens in a Work Injury Case Where There Is No Workers’ Compensation Insurance? February 17 2021